Florida and Georgia Construction Law Attorneys
Residential and commercial construction in Florida is regulated by a set of complex laws passed by the Florida state legislature. These construction laws dictate how building contractors may enforce their legal rights if they haven't been paid, and how homeowners may enforce their legal rights in the event that building contractors or subcontractors perform substandard work or fail to meet the time or cost constraints of the contract.
Talk to a Lawyer Immediately: Whether you are a building contractor or the property owner, it is vitally important to seek legal advice as soon as possible if you anticipate any type of problem with the contract. Under Florida's and Georgia's construction laws, building contractors and property owners must follow strict legal deadlines in order to protect their rights. Contact a construction law attorney at Arnold Law Firm for a consultation.
Types of Conflicts in Residential or Commercial Construction Projects
When a building project goes bad, the fault may lie on either side of the project. At Arnold Law Firm, we have experience representing clients in construction-related disputes of all kinds, including:
- Enforcement of a building contractor's lien against a client who unreasonably refuses to pay
- Enforcement of contractual terms in an agreement between the general construction contractor and subcontractors
- Enforcement of a property owner's rights to issue stop-work orders or request on-site government inspection of the project's building contractors
- Disputes over compensation when an injury occurs on-site, especially when the accident is caused by someone who is not a licensed contractor
We utilize all types of legal tools to protect our clients' rights in construction law disputes, including:
- Stop-work orders
- Liens against property owners
- Notices of commencement for building contractors
- Suits for breach of contract
- Formal requests for on-site inspections
- License review on behalf of property owners or general contractors
Contact Arnold Law Firm
If you have questions about your rights under Florida's construction laws, contact us to schedule an appointment with one of our lawyers.